Growing fresh strawberries has been the focus of our family business for over 80 years. In order to meet our high-quality standards, each Wish Farms strawberry is handpicked and packed in the field at peak ripeness.
Strawberries are packed with beneficial nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, potassium, vitamin B and magnesium. With approximately 83 calories per cup, this super fruit serves as a healthy treat any time of day.
When choosing the perfect package of sweet strawberries, be sure to look for berries that are:
- Stored in a refrigerated display case in the produce department
- Strawberries with a bright even red color
- Fresh with unwilted leaves (calyx)
- Strawberries clean and in a dry container
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside. Each strawberry has about 200 of them!
- Strawberries do not continue to ripen after they are picked. We always do our best to pick our strawberries at their optimal ripeness so, pick yours at their best, too!
- Wish Farms harvests several different strawberry varieties based on the season and growing region. Some varieties are a lighter or darker shade of red. Some are dense in the center and some are hollow and light inside. The tips above will help you select the freshest strawberries.
- It takes about 21 days for one bloom on a strawberry plant to become a ripe berry!
- Strawberries varieties are bred through traditional techniques. There are no GMO strawberries.